Vegan Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream
- Ice cream maker
- 1 13.6 oz. can coconut milk unsweetened
- 1 13.5 oz. can coconut cream unsweetened
- 1 11.25 oz. can sweetened condensed coconut milk
- 1 tsp. peppermint extract
- 1 12-oz. bag Trader Joe's Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- a little almond milk to thin if mixture gets too thick
- Mix all ingredients together except chocolate chips and turn in ice cream maker for approximately 30 minutes.
- Add the chocolate chips near the end, when the mixture is at approximately a softserve consistency.
You can get dairy-free chocolate chips at Trader Joe’s, and Hannaford has mini chips (https://www.hannaford.com/product/Enjoy-Life-Dairy-Free-Chocolate-Chips/824557.uts#). You can get sweetened condensed coconut milk at the Roots health food store in Leominster, MA, or online. When in the freezer for several hours, this ice cream may be extremely firm. Take it out of the freezer at least 15 minutes before serving. If you don’t have an ice cream maker, mix all the ingredients together at once, cover, and freeze for at least four hours.