We hope you enjoy all these delicious recipes, provided by the Women’s Ministry of the College Church of Seventh-day Adventists in South Lancaster, MA.
We are still building this feature, but see below the links for a sample.
Vegan Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream
- Ice cream maker
- 1 13.6 oz. can coconut milk unsweetened
- 1 13.5 oz. can coconut cream unsweetened
- 1 11.25 oz. can sweetened condensed coconut milk
- 1 tsp. peppermint extract
- 1 c Trader Joe's Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips (see notes)
- a little almond milk to thin if mixture gets too thick
- a bit of avocado to blend into to make it green (optional)
- Mix all ingredients together except chocolate chips and turn in ice cream maker for approximately 30 minutes.
- Add the chocolate chips near the end, when the mixture is at approximately a softserve consistency.
Some of Trader Joe’s chocolate chips are dairy free and some are not; check the ingredients. Hannaford has mini chips (https://www.hannaford.com/product/Enjoy-Life-Dairy-Free-Chocolate-Chips/824557.uts#), which are nice, but the ones from Trader Joe’s are cheaper. I love chocolate chips, so I use a whole 12-oz. bag. If you want them less chocolatey (but who would?), use one cup. You can substitute carob chips for the chocolate chips. You can get sweetened condensed coconut milk at the Roots health food store in Leominster, MA, or online. This ice cream can freeze up extremely firm, so take it out of the freezer at least 15 minutes before serving. If you don’t have an ice cream maker, mix all the ingredients together at once, cover, and freeze for at least four hours.