Clear all

Preamble to Deuteronomy

5 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@Josephine Robertson)
New Member Guest
Topic starter  

Is this book really important for us to spend time on? 

Topic Tags
(@Josephine Robertson)
New Member Guest
Topic starter  

“How does a person go from entering into relationship with God (Deut 1–4) to living faithfully before him (Deut 12–26)? Deuteronomy 5–11 seeks to provide an answer. It does so by identifying and then developing the hinge that turns decision into faithful living: worship.” This is the comment of A. J. Culp in the book “Invited to Know God: The Book of Deuteronomy”. How can the study of Deuteronomy bring us to a deeper understanding of what worship means? What have you learned so far about Worship? For me I have learned that worship goes beyond knowing laws about food, dress, and what day I worship. It calls me to reflect on what God has done for me and how I respond to that. What are your thoughts o this? 

ReplyQuote
(@Rose Dawkins)
New Member Guest

If love means passion and warm feelings then, no we cannot legislate or command. However, if love  is a principle, way of life, or disposition  than it can be commanded.

ReplyQuote
(@Josephine Robertson)
New Member Guest
Topic starter  
Posted by: @Rose Dawkins

If love means passion and warm feelings then, no we cannot legislate or command. However, if love  is a principle, way of life, or disposition  than it can be commanded.

I agree with you Rose. Love is a principle that affects the way we think and act. That can be commanded in the same way that the other commands not to steal, kill, etc., are given. Our “reasonable service” or response to love should be love.

ReplyQuote
(@2hzhuq_mu-nh-v7)
Member Admin

Posted by: @Josephine Robertson
Posted by: @Rose Dawkins

I agree with you Rose. Love is a principle that affects the way we think and act. That can be commanded in the same way that the other commands not to steal, kill, etc., are given. Our “reasonable service” or response to love should be love.

This is my reply using the Quote option.

ReplyQuote

Leave a reply

Author Name

Author Email

Title *

Maximum allowed file size is 10MB

Preview 0 Revisions Saved
Share: